Sunday, January 10, 2010

9 The Movie

I am a huge Tim Burton fan, so when I saw that 9 was available for download on my PS3 I was sooo excited!  I was not disappointed. 

Some atheists may have problems with the parts of the ‘soul’ concept in the movie.  I don’t want to give anything away but I viewed this not as parts of a soul but attributes that humans possess, at least this human.  The need to be part of a whole (even if that whole is only 2 people), sacrificing yourself for another or for a greater good, curiosity – the what will happen if I touch this, love, fear of the unknown, I could go on.  My SO didn’t get a lot of the deeper themes in the movie, he said he just enjoyed the animation – which was awesome!

Rarely do I buy DVD’s, once I’ve seen a movie that’s really it for me, but I think this is going on my wish list for my birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment